ATHENS ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY

The Athens Archaeological Society, founded in 1837, is one of the oldest Greek cultural institutions. Its central building houses research facilities including a research library on two levels, an extended archive, administration offices, an exhibition area and a 400-seat auditorium.

The partial conversion of the Society Headquarters was carried out in two stages and included the complete remodelling of the administration level, the remodelling of the research facilities on three different levels and the transformation of the first basement into an exhibition centre. A partial renovation of the mezzanine level of the main auditorium, as well as additions to the research library, have also been designed but not yet implemented.

The overall works cover a total area of 2370m2 extending over four different levels plus a basement level.

Project completed 2005 - 2010
Design team
Architects Sgoutas Architects
Structural Engineers S.Rodis
MEP Consultants Tekem S.A.